EMR Progress Assessment
On July 5 we switched from the EMR Progress Report to the EMR Progress Assessment
What is the EMR Progress Assessment?
The EMR Progress Assessment (EPA) is an evidence-based tool for physicians who wish to assess their current EMR use and make improvements. It asks critical questions spanning three key functional areas of EMR use:
- Practice Management
- Information Management
- Diagnosis and Treatment Support
The EPA is a streamlined and effective online assessment featuring 10 key measures mapped against the three functional areas. It tracks and measures progress in EMR use against the EMR Maturity Model developed by OntarioMD.
The EPA is a fundamental component of OntarioMD's EMR Practice Enhancement Program (EPEP), a complimentary service designed to help physicians enhance their EMR skills. Completing the EPA can help uncover hidden gaps for improvement in practice workflow, efficiency and patient care.
What can an EPA do for you?
The questions in the EPA were designed to help physicians assess their most desired areas of improvement with their EMRs, and put them in the driver's seat to get there. Understanding and measuring current EMR use through the EPA can help physicians realize tangible improvements unique to each practice setting by, for example, prioritizing improvements in the practice, providing focus for conversations with EMR vendors, and guiding discussions about practice efficiency with colleagues and practice staff.
Hundreds of physicians have participated in EPEP, improving their EMR use and gaining benefits like:
- More efficient EMR use and workflow
- Optimizing existing EMR functions and accessing additional ones
- Timely access to information at the point of care
- Improved clinical decision support
- Identification of data quality and standardization issues
Who should use the EPA?
The EPA should be used by physicians who:
- Wish to enhance and optimize their EMR use
- Must complete an the EPA for their Performance Grant after Go-Live
How to get started:
If you have an account on OntarioMD.ca:
- Sign in using your username and password at the top left of the screen.
- Launch the EPA by clicking on the icon on the left of your screen.
- Answer the survey questions about your EMR use.
- Generate printable charts to see your results and progress.
If you do not have an account on OntarioMD.ca or you forgot your username or password:
- To register for an OntarioMD account, you will need your OMA number, date of birth and email address.
- If forgot your password, please contact the support team at 416-623-1248 or email@example.com or toll-free at 1-866-744-8668.
- Support is available during regular business hours from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday